This is a perfect drink for a summer afternoon!!
Recipe obtained HERE!
- ~8 large lemons (1 1/2 cups lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water, boiled
- 1 tablespoon lemon grind
- 5 cups water
- 3-4 sliced strawberries
- Squeeze lemons into a measuring cup. This should yield the necessary 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice. I usually buy a couple extra lemons, just in case it takes more than 8 to yield this amount of lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon juice through a strainer in order to get rid of most (hopefully all) of the pulp. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil.
- Put sugar in pitcher and add boiled water. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice, water, and lemon rind.
- Ideally, use this pitcher: Primula infuser can be found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Add strawberries into the fruit infuser. Serve over ice.