Yet another casserole courtesy of my mother-in-law. I love this stuff because 1. it saves so well and we can stretch it for 3 or 4 meals between 2 people, & 2. IT’S SO DELICIOUS
- 1 package of chicken breast strips
- 2 cans of Veg-All, drained
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (don’t buy this – it will be made when cooking chicken)
- 1 stick of melted margarine
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and use non-stick spray on a 9×13 pan.
- Add water to a large pot and add raw chicken breast strips. Add enough water to cover the chicken sufficiently. Boil the chicken until cooked. (This probably takes about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the pot).
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and cover the bottom of the pan with the chicken.
- Drain the cans of Veg-All and then pour the contents of the can over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth (obtained from the pan that the chicken was in) and mix together. Pour mixture over the veggies.
- Optional: Add salt and pepper to season.
- Mix margarine, bisquick, and milk together in another bowl. This is the crust of the casserole. Pour evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour. Crust should be golden when finished.