My husband’s father and step-mother make this recipe whenever we have a family get together. It is always a hit. Because there is never any leftovers, I have no idea how well it saves because we have never been in that situation before! lol
- 1 package (32 oz.) of frozen hashbrown potatoes (thawed)
- 3/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1 can of undiluted cream of chicken soup
- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Real bacon bits
- Preheat oven at 350°F and use non-stick spray into 9×13 pan
- Combine hashbrown potatoes, 1/2 cup of butter, onions, cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and cheese in a bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Add bacon bits on top to form a bacon crust. My personal opinion when it comes to bacon: the more the merrier. Add lots for extra delicious-ness.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter on top of the bacon.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let sit for about 5 mins before serving.
- Prepare yourself for one of the most amazing culinary experiences you’ve ever had with a casserole! Enjoy!